Why Less is More When it Comes to Your Nonprofit
“Do More with Less”
A phrase commonly associated with nonprofit organizations, it speaks to the nonprofit’s need to accomplish the same tasks as a for-profit business, but with substantially less time, money, resources, and staff.
Not an easy feat!
For nonprofits to succeed, we recommend a new phrase: Less is More.
By using a single human capital management (HCM) platform, nonprofits can handle their workforce management needs more efficiently and more cost-effectively than ever before.
A single, integrated solution provides convenient access to workforce data and tools in a customizable, connected, and secure environment. Your nonprofit can perform common HR tasks without having to rely on manual processes, spreadsheets, or the need to piece together information from various systems. No exporting and importing is necessary!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Read on for the many benefits of using an all-inclusive platform.
7 Benefits of a Single HCM Solution
- A single login and single database means employee information is entered only once and flows seamlessly from platform to platform throughout the entire lifecycle of the employee. This not only saves time, it eliminates the opportunity for error.
- With a cloud-based system administrators and employees can access the information anytime, anywhere, without having to wait to contact the HR department (assuming your nonprofit is lucky enough to have one).
- Self-service features allow employees and managers to update personal information, access pay history, request, view and approve time off, and complete open enrollment on their time. If the solution has an app, all this can be accomplished from the convenience of a mobile device.
- An applicant tracking system (ATS) can streamline all stages of hiring—posting jobs, collecting applications, interviewing, communicating with candidates, and more. Using templates and the ability to post to multiple job boards at once saves time. The addition of “knockout” and “knockin” questions during the application process automatically disqualifies or qualifies candidates before they reach you.
- Nonprofits are not immune to the laws governing employers. Two recent laws specific to New Jersey, Pay Equity and Paid Sick Leave, are causing quite a stir because of their strict penalties. To remain compliant, nonprofits need the ability to run reports related to hiring, compensation, time and attendance, and performance management to help identify trouble spots. All this is easy to do with an integrated system.
- You’ll enjoy a reduction in paper waste and clutter. All documents associated with an employee are stored in an “electronic filing cabinet.” Since data is never purged, you can always go back and pull a document quickly on any current or former employee.
- Finally, HCM software enriches the overall employee experience. Self-service features empower employees, electronic onboarding alleviates first-day stress, benefits enrollment is simplified, and more. All this helps attract and retain qualified talent, an area of HCM that nonprofit organizations find particularly challenging.
We can help identify the best tools, solutions, and software to satisfy the unique needs of your nonprofit. Schedule an appointment with one of our HCM experts.
Latest posts by Balance Point Team (see all)
- 5 Things That Needlessly Cost Your Nonprofit Time And Money - September 18, 2018
- How One Nonprofit Improved Their Hiring Practices with HCM Technology - September 11, 2018
- 5 Simple Profitability Opportunities CFOs Can Find In Soft Costs - September 4, 2018