Ten Balance Point Employees Become Certified Payroll Professionals
Balance Point Payroll, a payroll outsourcing firm serving the needs of small businesses throughout the New Jersey/New York area, has announced that ten of its employees have fulfilled the requirements to become Certified Payroll Professionals (CPP), the highest level of accreditation awarded by the American Payroll Association (APA). The exam-based certification demonstrates a professional’s strong proficiency in all aspects of payroll operations.
The following employees completed the necessary coursework and four-hour exam administered by the APA to achieve the distinction:
- Diana Comeau, tax coordinator, of West Milford, N.J.
- Dania Costa, client service representative, of West Caldwell, N.J.
- Micole Cruz, client service representative, of Pompton Plains, N.J.
- Kim Hentnik, time and attendance representative, of Upper Saddle River, N.J.
- Brian Massey, time and attendance representative, of New Milford, N.J.
- Brienne McGowan, ACH coordinator, of Saddle Brook, N.J.
- Tom Miceli, time and attendance supervisor, of Central Valley, N.Y.
- Arunan Sathananthan, implementation coordinator, of Haskell, N.J.
- Chris Smith, implementation coordinator, of Ringwood, N.J.
- John Sullivan, tax coordinator, of Goshen, N.Y.
The firm’s goal is to help 100 percent of their staff attain the CPP designation. The emphasis on this prestigious certification reflects Balance Point’s ongoing commitment to providing clients with the highest quality of service.
“In preparing for the CPP exam, our employees utilized nationally recognized training resources and built a wide platform of knowledge,” said John Egan, founding partner and vice president of operations. “Earning this certification not only serves their professional and personal development, but also ensures that Balance Point is fully qualified to meet the unique goals of our clients.”
Balance Point employees who have achieved this goal agree that they have grown in their knowledge of the industry and are better positioned to serve clients. “The CPP certification has given me knowledge in certain aspects of payroll function that I don’t necessarily see on a day-to-day basis,” said Cruz, a Balance Point customer service representative since January 2011. “Most payroll outsourcing companies don’t encourage their client service staff to obtain the CPP certification. In that aspect, it gives me an edge and marks advancement in my career.”
Miceli, a Balance Point employee since April 2007, added, “Everything I learned in preparation for taking the CPP exam allows me to answer clients’ questions quickly and with more confidence. I was motivated because I knew it would further my education and payroll industry knowledge.”
About Balance Point Payroll
Balance Point is one of the fastest-growing payroll outsourcing companies in New Jersey, serving the needs of clients throughout the New Jersey and New York areas. The privately held firm offers custom payroll, time and labor management, and human resources solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. The company’s personal, hands-on approach focuses on simplifying and enhancing the payroll process while building long-term relationships with clients.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Balance Point Payroll Named to Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies - December 13, 2013
- Ten Balance Point Employees Become Certified Payroll Professionals - May 15, 2013
- Pete Luciano Interviewed by “Fist to Five” - April 25, 2013