Network Administration Job Description
Balance Point Payroll is seeking a Network/Desktop Specialist, with a willingness to learn/evaluate new technologies, to be responsible for configuration, operation, and administration of a physical and virtual server environment, operating systems, security and communications links with clients.
• Provide technical support to 50+ users (office and sales).
• Configure and maintain all systems, applications, security, and network.
• Troubleshoot network performance issues, operating systems, virtual servers and applications, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and any business specific software
• Administer and maintain company email system
• Troubleshoot issues related to Networking & Storage connectivity.
• Install, support and maintain PC applications in a Windows 7 Active Directory environment. Software includes Operating Systems, MS Office, System Management tools (RMM), and various business specific software types.
• Support Windows Server Components such as Active Directory, DHCP, Print Server, IIS and Domain Controllers.
• Support Linux Server administration, performance tuning, monitoring and maintaining fault tolerance
• Assure functionality of systems backup and recovery procedures. Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
• Establish and troubleshoot LAN/WAN connectivity for workstations and networked devices.
• Maintain network documentation
• Develop and document processes and procedures relating to IT areas of responsibility.
• Work with software/hardware/application/VoIP technical support to resolve issues.