DAYS WORKED: Full Time M-F
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Operations Manager
Providing oversight to our tax team, this leadership position is the responsible for the oversight of all tax functions between Balance Point and various tax jurisdictions. Tax Operations Support Supervisor must be deadline driven, detail oriented, and a team leader with a positive attitude who demonstrates flexibility. The ideal candidate must have the ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives.
Principal Job Elements And Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Keep current BP’s accounts with taxing jurisdictions.
- Work to remove inefficiencies in BP audit/tax payment/tax filing systems.
- Maintain tax exceptions on a weekly basis making sure the CSR/Supervisors are making the necessary corrections as needed.
- Obtaining/Processing rate files from states.
- Plan and execute delivery of quarterly/annual tax return delivery to tax authorities.
- Maintain archival process of daily tax and finance supporting documentation.
- Distribute jurisdictional tax updates to management staff accordingly
Personal Attributes / Functional Competencies:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Technical – Ability to operate multiple software platforms including MS Excel
- Experience – 5 years prior payroll tax experience
- Skills – Strong software aptitude
- Analytical Thinking – Effective at understanding a problem and developing one or many approaches to solving the problem.
- Task Focused – Ability to concentrate on tasks and finish tasks avoiding distractions
- Applying standards – Ability to follow, adopt, recommend and promote standards regarding the use of Balance Point procedures